1) POOL CLOSING WARNING: DO NOT TURN OFF THE FILTRATION SYSTEM BEFORE HB POOLS INC. HAS PERFORMED THE WINTERIZING SERVICES TO PROTECT THE EQUIPMENT AGAINST FROST AND TO KEEP THE WATER CLEAR. WATER CIRCULATION MUST AT ALL TIME CIRCULATE IN POOL HEATER. WARRANTY WILL NOT APPLY IF THESE CONDITIONS ARE NOT UPHELD.
- HB Pools Inc. will schedule work orders during the winterizing season, from Septembre to the first week of November and during the opening season, from April 15th to May 1rst.
- A surcharge of $100 will by apply to all winterizing work orders requested or received after November 10th. HB Pools Inc. is not responsible for any pool damages or deterioration due to late winterizing or opening.
- HB Pools Inc. will remove the water from the pool lines and equipment during the pool closing procedure.
2) Service charges do not include:
- the cost of parts which need to be replaced, except those under warranty.
- the cost of removing a pump, base of a diving board or a slide.
- the cost of pumping out any excess water following the winterizing of the pool.
- the cost of cleaning the pool.
3) HB Pools Inc. will store the equipment removed during winterizing in an area designated by the customer or in a safe location for the customer to save at his or her convenience. Under no circumstance shall HB Pools Inc. Be held liable for any damage incurred while moving or storing this equipment.
4) HB Pools Inc. is not responsible for any damage resulting from:
- Water leakage arising from the perforation of the liner.
- Water that could accumulate between the liner and the wall due to underground water pressure.
- Freezing that could cause breakage to the coping and concrete.
- HB Pools Inc. is not responsible for any parts that may break during the service, closing or opening procedure due to normal wear and tear, aging, etc.
- HB Pools Inc. is not responsible for damaged equipment, concrete and pool due to unusual weather conditions freezing rain, rain, sudden freezing, ground frost, heavy wind, etc.
5) HB Pools Inc. is not responsible for any damage to the pool, pool structure, concrete deck, equipment, liner or beauty strip caused by ground movement due to frost heave.
6) When rainfall occurs after the pool is closed, the owner is responsible for maintaining the water at the correct winterizing level.
(mid skimmer or 2” below the coping/coping when winterizing with ‘Duck Plugs’).
If the client requests further services in maintaining the water level following the winterization of the pool, an additional service fee will be applied.
7) HB Pools Inc. does not remove winter cover tarps. However, we do remove safety covers.
8) HB Pools Inc. will not discharge saltwater from the pool to the street due to city bylaw.
9) Salt system: The company will not test the salt system if the water is unbalanced or too cold.
10) HB Pools Inc. doesn’t winterize fiberglass or Gunite concrete in-ground pools.
11) Pool and spa Winterization is a procedure that requires expertise, and this procedure can have a significant impact on your plumbing system. When HB Pools Inc. winterizes your pool or spillover spa for the first time, it cannot be held liable for previous closing and opening procedures.
12) The technician reserves the right to cancel the work order if the pool, the liner, or the equipment is in bad condition.
13) HB Pools Inc. cannot guarantee the appearance of the pool liner and steps following the pool winterizing or opening
14) HB Pools Inc. Do not offer warranties on fiberglass or polymer steps.
15) Before a winterizing, opening, or general service can be performed, the customer must have all parts and equipment available for the technician. Customer must also remove all debris from the pool and give technicians full access to the pool and pool area.
By booking a pool service with HB Pools Inc., you agree with the statements above.